Recipe by nikkigullick
The BEST layered rhubarb dessert ever. Loaded with lots of flavor. I got this recipe from an old co-worker, so I don't know where it originally came from. Also, keep refrigerated, but it doesn't last too many days before the top becomes moist in a covered container. Don't add pudding and cool whip until day-of serving - maybe experiment with other storage ideas? Yum!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 3 cups sugar, divided (a little more than 3)
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: 1 1/4 c flour, 1/3 c sugar, 1/2 c butter. Mix like a pie crust and pat into greased 9x13 pan.
- Filling: 4 c rhubarb, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 c sugar. Mix until rhubarb is well coated, and put on top of crust.
- Top Crust: 1 1/4 c sugar, 1/2 c butter, 1 c flour. Mix and sprinkle on top of rhubarb filling.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. May not brown over completely. Cool completely before next step.
- Topping (best to wait until day of serving to add this part): Mix 2 cups milk with 2 packages instant vanilla pudding. When set, pour over bars. Then top with a container of Cool Whip.
- Store in refrigerator to keep pudding and cool whip set.