Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Came from a local paper
Make and share this Rhubarb and Berry Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup white vegetable shortening, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Lightly grease a 9" springform pan; line bottom with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, apples, raspberries, blueberries and 2 tbls of the sugar. Mix well; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar,baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add the butter or vegetable shortening and cut it in till fine crumbs form. Stir in lemon rind.
- Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs with yogurt and mix to combine. Pour the egg mixture into well and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon half of the batter into a prepared pan. Arrange the fruit mixture over the top, leaving 1" border uncovered.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over the top and spread to cover the fruit.
- Brush the top with melted butter; sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake on baking sheet in the center of the oven for about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on rac for 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan and cool completely.Serves 8.