Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from www.bhg.com.
Make and share this Reuben Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 8 slices dark rye or 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 3 tablespoons thousand island dressing or 3 tablespoons Russian salad dressing
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked corned beef or 6 ounces roast beef or 6 ounces cooked pork or 6 ounces ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice and salad dressing on the other. With the buttered side down, top four slices with meat, cheese, and sauerkraut. Top with remaining bread slices, dressing side down.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook two of the sandwiches at a time over medium-low heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, turning once. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.