Recipe by Haversac
A great rueben for lunch or dinner!
Top Review by Susie D
I enjoy using my contact grill to make sandwiches & am always on the lookout for something new to try. This one will be made again! I added homemade 1000 Island dressing and used Bavarian sauerkraut. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices marbled rye bread
- 1 (12 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef or 1⁄2 lb pastrami
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Foreman Grill/Panini maker/grill pan.
- Microwave sauerkraut for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Spray one side of each slice of bread with spray butter (or spread with margarine.) This will be the outsides.
- Layer bread with sauerkraut, meat, & cheese, top with other slice of bread.
- Grill until cheese in nice & melty-goes great with a dill pickle!