Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great rueben for lunch or dinner!
Make and share this Reuben Paninis! recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices marbled rye bread
- 1 (12 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef or 1⁄2 lb pastrami
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat Foreman Grill/Panini maker/grill pan.
- Microwave sauerkraut for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Spray one side of each slice of bread with spray butter (or spread with margarine.) This will be the outsides.
- Layer bread with sauerkraut, meat, & cheese, top with other slice of bread.
- Grill until cheese in nice & melty-goes great with a dill pickle!
I enjoy using my contact grill to make sandwiches & am always on the lookout for something new to try. This one will be made again! I added homemade 1000 Island dressing and used Bavarian sauerkraut. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
This was delicious!! I made this for DH and I for dinner last night and we both loved it. I did what Jen did and spread some ff thousand island on each slice. Thank you for this great panini!!
Great idea to use up corned beef and cabbage from St. Patrick's Day! We spread some fat free thousand island on the bread first.