MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These hot grilled sandwich offers all the traditional Reuben-on-rye flavors
- Ready In:
- 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 12 ounces sliced corned beef
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- Spread the dressing on one side of each bread slice.
- Divide the corned beef among four of the dressed bread slices. Evenly distribute the sauerkraut over the meat, and top with two slices of cheese per sandwich.
- Place the remaining dressed slices of bread dressing-side-down onto the cheese.
- Preheat an electric Panini griddle; or heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread the top of each sandwich with butter and place them butter-side down onto the hot surface; you'll probably need to work in batches.
- Spread butter on the other side of each sandwich, then close the griddle, or cover the panini with a heavy lid, flipping to grill on both sides.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION