Recipe by Bobbie
Came across this in one of my old Pillsbury Cookbooks (the little paperbacks that you pick up at the checkstand in the grocery store). I haven't made it yet -- but if you like Reubens, then this sounds very tasty.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) packagethinly sliced pastrami or 1 (8 ounce) package corned beef
- 1 (6 ounce) package swiss cheese (4 slices) or 1 (6 ounce) package mozzarella cheese (4 slices)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. Separate 1 can of dough into 4 retangles. Place in ungreased 12 inch pizza pan or a 13 x 9 inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Layer pastrami, cheese and sauerkraut over dough. Sprinkle with caraway seed. Separate second can of dough into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles spoke-fashion over filling with points toward center. Do not seal outer edges of triangles to the bottom crust. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- (I think when I make this, I will omit the sesame seed and just sprinkle a little more caraway seed on the top prior to baking).