Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you like Sauerkraut you'll love this burger. Hey even if you don't this may get you loving it! The recipe is for one burger Just keep multiplying it for as many as you want. I like to serve this burger with a small lettuce Tomato Onion salad, mushrooms on the side and Baking stone oven fries. I made this burger tonight and really loved it - hope you'll try it and love it too.
- 170.09 g extra lean ground beef, divided into 2 patties (less if you want)
- salt and pepper, totaste
- 2.46 ml chili flakes, to taste
- 1-2 slice bacon, crisp fried
- 59.16 ml grated swiss cheese or 1 slice cheese
- 118.29 ml wine-cured sauerkraut, well squeezed
- 3 canned jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 6 medium mushrooms, halved (optional)
- 1 burger bun
- Mix the salt, pepper and chili flakes into the hamburger, form two patties.
- Place cheese on one patty and put the other one on top, seal edges well.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove from pan, drain on a paper towel and drain grease from the pan leaving a bit of the bacon grease on the pan.
- Brown one side of the burger on high heat flip after 2 minutes, turn heat to medium, cover and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Flip the burger, add Mushrooms to the pan, cover and continue cooking (total time approximately 12 minutes).
- Make room on the pan for the Kraut and brown it a bit heating it through during the last 2 minutes cooking time-keep it separate from the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile toast the inside of the bun, when the burger is cooked place patty in the bun, top with Kraut, bacon & Jalapenos.
- Serve mushrooms on the side.
Everyone loved this, and knowing this is your recipe, I am not a bit surprised as I can count on you for that. I served this with fries and it made a great quick weeknight meal (Wednesday is a busy evening for us). Once again thanks! This goes in my keeper file. L~S
We had these for lunch today on homemade rye buns. Excellent choice for my family! I did make 1/4 lb patties instead of 6oz so ended up just topping each patty with the swiss cheese, sauerkraut, bacon, and jalapenos. Thanks for sharing your recipe!