Recipe by internetnut
This is a great way to make a sandwich feed a large group. The braid design always impresses the guest at parties. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home magazine.
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (6oz)
- 3⁄4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread half of corned beef filling down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-inch wide strips to within 1-inch of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Brush beaten egg white over braids; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Refrigerate leftovers.