Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Reuben in casserole form. Delish!
- 10 slices rye bread
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed very dry
- 12 ounces corned beef, slices chopped fine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together cubed rye bread and the melted butter. Mix well.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing; set aside.
- Saute onion with 1 tablespoon butter and then mix with the sour cream/Thousand Island dressing mixture.
- Layer in pan as follows: 1/2 bread mixture; sauerkraut; corned beef; sour cream and onion mixture; mozzarella cheese; swiss cheese.
- Top with rest of bread. Tap down. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.