Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an appetizer that I got out of Family Circle Magazine. My hubby loved it and ate it for dinner one day and finished it off for lunch the next
- 1 (20 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I used Taco Bell)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Combine meat with taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Evenly spread beans in a 9" microwave safe dish.
- Spread meat on top of beans.
- Spread sour cream on top of meat.
- Pour salsa onto sour cream.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with black olives if desired.
- Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or long enough to melt cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Not your usual bean dip, that's for sure ~ This one is MAJOR! I used a mild chunky salsa & sharp cheddar cheese! It is easy to assemble & has a great taste! Also goes down well spread thick on a thick slice of whole wheat bread! Will keep this recipe around! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]