Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an excellent dough for both dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. So soft and light!
Make and share this Refrigerator Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 packages yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, lukewarm
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 6 1⁄2-7 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in water in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, shortening, eggs, potatoes, and 4 cups of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough that is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured board 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let it warm up a while.
- Punch down and shape as desired.
- Let rise to double.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
I have made bread for a long time and this one will be at the top of the list. Not only is it easy but it is convenient as you can make it one day and bake it the next day. Also, I will be using it for hamburg buns in addition to dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. I mixed it up with my Bosch bread machine. From: Mert from Michigan
This is the exact recipe I've been using for years and I love it. I keep a batch of dough in the fridge and pull off 1/4 to make rolls. To make "casserole rolls" simply form 1-inch balls and nestle them, sides touching, in a lightly-greased pan then brush with melted butter and let rise 1 hour before baking. To make "cloverleaf rolls" form them into 1-inch balls and place 3 at a time in greased muffin pans then brush the tops with butter and let them rise 1 hour before baking. Or to make "four-leaf clover" rolls roll them into 2-inch balls, place in greased muffin cup, then snip them completely in half then quarters, brush with melted butter and let rise 1 huor before baking.
This is a very good recipe, the rolls did came out light and soft. I used 1/2 of the dough and will make more rolls later in the week. This is a great recipe to make for company dinner, as you cane do it ahead and have fresh rolls baking right before serving. Thanks Sallyanne.