Recipe by Sallyanne
This is an excellent dough for both dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. So soft and light!
Top Review by Mert in Michigan
I have made bread for a long time and this one will be at the top of the list. Not only is it easy but it is convenient as you can make it one day and bake it the next day. Also, I will be using it for hamburg buns in addition to dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. I mixed it up with my Bosch bread machine. From: Mert from Michigan
- 2 packages yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, lukewarm
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 6 1⁄2-7 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in water in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, shortening, eggs, potatoes, and 4 cups of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough that is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured board 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let it warm up a while.
- Punch down and shape as desired.
- Let rise to double.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.