Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on a website for diabetics, but don't tell anyone and they'll love it when they try it. It is my favorite cookie recipe with sugar or without. At first the nutritionals seemed way off but discovered there were some errors in the quantities. I'm correcting those so the nutritional info should be correct.
- Cream butter, egg and vanilla until mixed and fluffy.
- Beat in dry ingredients gradually mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in dates, coconut and 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- Form dough into two 1-1/2 inch logs.
- roll logs into remaining nuts (1/4 cup each).
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill (or freeze) until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice cookies 1/4-inch thick and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- bake 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- cool on wire racks.
- 2 cookies = 1 fat, 1/2 fruit, 1/4 bread, 95 calories.
These were absolutely delicious! Not too sweet, which I like, and very flavorful. I will definitely make this again and again. Can you clarify the difference in the calories you state (95) and what recipe zaar states (244)?
I made these to send to my husbands friend who is a diabetic. I tested them and gave them to a friend and we both like them alot. Great for having no sugar! Thank you!
Just finished making these cookies for my neighbour's father who is a diabetic. They taste really good, even if they don't contain sugar, but the coconut and dates add enough sweetness. I cut up the dates into small pieces and I still found the dough difficult to slice after chilling in the freezer. Maybe freezing the dough could help.