Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A change from the musical fruit.
- 100 g yellow split peas
- 150 ml weak vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Soak the peas for 10 minutes.
- Dry fry the cumin seeds until toasted.
- Place the peas in a pan with the stock and simmer for 15 minutes until soft but not mushy.
- Heat oil and soften onion until it begins to brown.
- Add cumin seeds and the drained peas and stir well.
- Serve sprinkled with the lemon juice.