Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love eating cold soups on warm summer evenings. The lemon juice and dill give this soup a bright flavor. Cooking times do not include chill time.
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cucumber, seeded and grated
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute sliced cucumbers and onion.
- Add flour, broth, lemon juice, dill weed and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree in a blener (I use a stick blender) and chill.
- When ready to serve stir in sour cream and grated cucumber. Serve cold.