Recipe by Wok N Roll
This is a sweet sauce that tastes like candy .For the berries I usually use blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. but anything will work great.Goes well with ham or turkey
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup any reserve red wine
- 2 cups assorted berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the butter, sugar, brown suger, white pepper,and red wine in a medium sized pan.
- Bring this mixture to a boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Let cool slightly
- Mix in the berries and let mixture stand.
- Spoon half of mixture over ham or turkey when it is about 20 minutes until it is done cooking.
- Use the rest of the mix as a glaze per serving.