Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was thinking about things I want to serve at our Halloween tea. This seems like a good idea, since the red of the cake can look like blood.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) red velvet cake mix, prepared
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (for cake)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (for cake)
- 3 large eggs (for cake)
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix, prepared
- 2 cups milk (for pudding)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1. Pour the Grand Marnier into the raspberries, and add the sugar. Stir and let chill for an hour.
- 2. Cut the cake in half. We will only use this half; put the other half away.
- 3. Cut the cake into little squares. Divide half of the squares into 12 individual bowls (or clear decorative plastic cups).
- 4. Layer the bowls with half the raspberry mixture, half the pudding, and half the whipped cream. Repeat the layering with the other half of the cake, raspberry mixture, and pudding. End with whipped cream.
- 5. Garnish with a raspberry (or gummie vampire teeth, if you're doing a halloween party).
- 6. Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- 7. Variation: Prepare the whipped cream similarly to Recipe #74805 (essentially, prepare the whipped cream with a tablespoon of white chocolate pudding mix).