Recipe by CheesyGal
Delicious and easy!
Top Review by didyb
I made these today as a treat for a teacher luncheon. I made them as cupcakes. It made 24 (I used a cookie scoop for the bottom and 1tbls and 2tsp for the cream cheese mixture) Baked for 20-24 minutes. Sprinkled with red sugar before baking. Oh how yummy!!! The kids have requested these for their class parties (oh the contraband home-made items!) How delish! I did add a tsp of vanilla to the cream cheese. When making, the raw cream cheese mixture was gritty-- but the end, baked result was wonderful!
- 18 ounces red velvet cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For the first layer: Spray the 9x13 pan with Pam.
- Combine 1 box red velvet cake mix, 1 stick melted butter, and 1 egg.
- Press into bottom of the pan.
- For the second layer: Soften the 8 oz. cream cheese.
- Beat in 2 eggs and the sugar.
- Pour over the first layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.