Delicious and easy!
Make and share this Red Velvet Cheesecake Squares recipe from Food.com.
- For the first layer: Spray the 9x13 pan with Pam.
- Combine 1 box red velvet cake mix, 1 stick melted butter, and 1 egg.
- Press into bottom of the pan.
- For the second layer: Soften the 8 oz. cream cheese.
- Beat in 2 eggs and the sugar.
- Pour over the first layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I made these today as a treat for a teacher luncheon. I made them as cupcakes. It made 24 (I used a cookie scoop for the bottom and 1tbls and 2tsp for the cream cheese mixture) Baked for 20-24 minutes. Sprinkled with red sugar before baking. Oh how yummy!!! The kids have requested these for their class parties (oh the contraband home-made items!) How delish! I did add a tsp of vanilla to the cream cheese. When making, the raw cream cheese mixture was gritty-- but the end, baked result was wonderful!
Made this into cupcakes and took them to my surgeon along with assorted cookies. The office went wild over them and have already received a phone call asking for the recipe. Hubby is wanting to know when I am going to bake more so he will have more than just one to taste. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!
I made these for the preschool teachers and they vanished. What a great easy treat. I would like to make again for Valentine's Day. Lisa