Source: Rachael Ray magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 4Using a mixer, beat 5 tablespoons butter with the granulated sugar until fluffy, 3 minutes.
- 5Beat in the egg, food coloring and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 6Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk until smooth.
- 7Place 1/4-cup scoops of batter 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet; spread out.
- 8Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 9Let the cookies sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
- 10In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon corn syrup and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth.
- 11In another bowl, combine the chocolate, remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon corn syrup; microwave until melted, about 1 minute.
- 12Coat the cookies with the vanilla, then the chocolate icing.
- 13Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Black & White Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 203.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g