Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not made this - putting it on here for later. From recipe book (SL): "A buttery artichoke and almond topping smothers this skillet-fried supper. Just add sliced tomatoes and crispy salad greens for a complete meal."
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar, white wine vinegar an acceptable substitute
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Combine egg and milk in mixing bowl, mix well. Dip fillets in mixture, and dredge in flour.
- Pour oil to depth of 2" in dutch oven and heat to 350.
- Fry fillets in 2 batches in hot oil for 5 minutes or until golden, turning to brown both sides. Drain on paper towels, move to serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook artichoke hearts and mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring gently until mushrooms tender. Add almonds and remaining three ingredients; cook 1 minute. Spoon over fish, serve immediately.