Recipe by French Lavender
This is from "Donna" at the All Recipes web site. This is my FAVORITE potato salad. If you do not care for the tangy mustard flavor of regular potato salad, give this one a try. It is creamy, with the taste of bacon, celery, and some onion. It does have eggs, so it's not a "leave it out all day at a picnic" salad.
Top Review by Jonisa
"Thank you French Lavender, for this delicious potato salad. My guests were going in for seconds and thirds. Although I put in 1/2 a cup of fat free Greek yoghurt and reduced on the mayonnaise. This will be my future receip for holidays and special occasions."
- 2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 eggs, boiled & chopped
- 1 lb bacon, fried & crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped (or use green onions)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add potatoes & cook about 15 minutes until tender, but firm.
- Drain & set in fridge to cool.
- Once cool, chop with the skin on.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, bacon, onion & celery.
- Mix together mayo, sour cream and salt & pepper.
- Add to other combined ingredients.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.