Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I spent a couple years hanging out with a group of chamorros every weekend and having barbecues. My favorite foods for grilling are all learned from those weekends. I was looking through the Guam/Chamorro recipes and did not see red rice, so I figured it is my civic duty to post it, since it is such a staple of the cuisine.
- 4 cups white rice, rinsed
- 8 cups water
- 2 (5 g) packets sazon goya with coriander and annatto (achiote con cilantro)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients in large pot or rice cooker.
- If using rice cooker, follow intructions accordingly. If using stovetop, heat to boiling, then reduce heat, cover and simmer approximately 20 minutes, or until rice is tender, stirring often to prevent burning.
Thank you I love that chamorro food, lived in the islands for 6yrs. I miss those everynight parties, Debbie*
Delicious! Very tasty.