- 2 lbs boneless ribs (beef or pork)
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker; put the meat into the stoneware, and add the bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and mushrooms.
- Pour in the sherry, broth, soy sauce, and honey.
- Stir to distribute flavors; throw a cinnamon stick on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until meat has reached desired tenderness.