Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Have been a big fan of this really easy recipe. It is taken from the Elsah Landing Heartland Cookbook which states "This recipe was an Illinois county fair winner!" Everytime I make it every one raves.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) packagepackage raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- whipped topping
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine raspberries and gelatin in a bowl. Set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking poweder and salt into a large bowl.
- Add butter, milk, and eggs. Beat at low speed to blend. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes until batter is smooth.
- Arrange marshmallows in well greased cake pan. Recommend:13x9x2-inch pan.
- Pour batter over mashmallows.
- Spoon raspberry mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, or both.
I made this cake yesterday and we liked it. It was fairly easy to put together and I ended up baking for about 55 minutes. The edges of the cake are very crispy and nearly impossible to eat but as long as I cut the edges off, it's fine. I love the raspberries at the bottom. I might make this again but perhaps with some changes. Thanks for posting!