Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a collection of recipe clippings I've been wanting to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Cook potatoes; drain and cool.
- Combine shallot, mustard, honey, lemon jest, and vinegar in a salad bowl.
- Whisk in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are cool, peel and cut into fork size chunks.
- Add to bowl with dressing and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill salad for an hour or so.
- Just before serving, sprinkle salad with chives and bacon. (The salad can be made a day in advance, but add chives and bacon only at the last minute).