From the Good Food Fast cookbook. Good as a light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the peppers and onion in the oil in a covered saucepan for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- 2Stir in the garlic, then add the chile with the tomato paste.
- 3Stir in half the stock, then bring to a boil.
- 4Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender.
- 6Return to the pan, then add the rest of the stock.
- 7Add the grated lime zest and juice to the soup, with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Bring the soup back to a boil.
- 9Remove from heat and serve with strips of lime zest scattered in each bowl.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper Soup with Chile and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 421.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g