From the Red Lobster website. It also states that you can try adding 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped dill, or for a kick add chili powder or cayenne pepper to the sauce just before topping the eggs. The sauce is best prepared with a double boiler method to avoid over cooking or scorching. Suggested beverage: Champagne Mimosas with a splash of cranberry juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced smoked salmon
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 English muffins, halved
- butter, to lightly coat muffins
- 1Lightly toast and butter English muffins and hold warm.
- 2Prepare sauce by; melting the butter and hold to the side.
- 3In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat whisk together lime juice, vinegar, egg yolks until it begins to thicken, gradually add butter while constantly whisking.
- 4Continue until thick.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and hold warm.
- 6Bring a large sauce pan of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- 7Reduce heat so that the water is at a soft boil.
- 8Have eggs broken ahead of time.
- 9Gently roll eggs into the water.
- 10Stir the water around the eggs to keep their shape.
- 11Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 12Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 13Place 1/4 of the thinly sliced salmon on each the muffin, top with an egg, then cover with sauce.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lobster's Eggs Benedict With Smoked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 378.4 mg
- Sodium 419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g