Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Red Lobster website. It also states that you can try adding 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped dill, or for a kick add chili powder or cayenne pepper to the sauce just before topping the eggs. The sauce is best prepared with a double boiler method to avoid over cooking or scorching. Suggested beverage: Champagne Mimosas with a splash of cranberry juice.
- Lightly toast and butter English muffins and hold warm.
- Prepare sauce by; melting the butter and hold to the side.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat whisk together lime juice, vinegar, egg yolks until it begins to thicken, gradually add butter while constantly whisking.
- Continue until thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and hold warm.
- Bring a large sauce pan of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- Reduce heat so that the water is at a soft boil.
- Have eggs broken ahead of time.
- Gently roll eggs into the water.
- Stir the water around the eggs to keep their shape.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place 1/4 of the thinly sliced salmon on each the muffin, top with an egg, then cover with sauce.
- Serve immediately.