1/3 Photos of Red Hot Southern Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Red hot cinnamon candies have been 1 of my favorite ingredients since my childhood & this is the 1st of 2 recipes I'm entering that feature them. I found this at allrecipes.com & it was posted by SMTHJG who said "My grandmother used to make this simple sweet-spicy dish every yr for the holidays. It's so delicious that you'll want to make it all yr." I agree w/her & hope you will as well. Just imagine this dish along side a lovely glazed ham! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes in a lrg saucepan w/enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil & cook over med heat till tender (about 25 min).
- 3Drain of all water & place in a lrg casserole dish.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 5In a med bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, red hot candies & water.
- 6Pour over the sweet potatoes in the dish.
- 7Bake for 1 hr till sweet potatoes are soft & the candies are melted.
- 8After this, you may top w/marshmallows (if desired) & return the dish to the oven for 10 min to toast them.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Hot Southern Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g