Recipe by gingerkitten D
I found this recipe online...sounds like a good gift from the kitchen. I think I'll be making this one in the fall!!!
Top Review by messystation
I am new to jelly making and canning. This is the first jelly that has turned out perfectly for me! Not too sweet, perfect consistency, set up nicely, and a pretty red color. Oh, and the smell!!! It did take several hours to set up, so if you make this, do not become discouraged. It will be good on Eggos, biscuits, PBJ, and as an added bonus, making it in the microwave freed up room for my canning equipment!
- 4 cups apple juice or 4 cups cider
- 1 package dry pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red-hot candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple juice and pectin in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic bring to a boil on HIGH setting in the microwae for about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Stir twice during cooking.
- Remove from microwave; add sugar and red hots, stirring well.
- Return to the microwave and cook until the mixture returns to a rolling boil, about 10 or 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and skim any foam.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cap and Seal.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water canner.