Prep 40 mins
Cook 27 mins
I found this recipe online...sounds like a good gift from the kitchen. I think I'll be making this one in the fall!!!
- Combine apple juice and pectin in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic bring to a boil on HIGH setting in the microwae for about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Stir twice during cooking.
- Remove from microwave; add sugar and red hots, stirring well.
- Return to the microwave and cook until the mixture returns to a rolling boil, about 10 or 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and skim any foam.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cap and Seal.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water canner.
I am new to jelly making and canning. This is the first jelly that has turned out perfectly for me! Not too sweet, perfect consistency, set up nicely, and a pretty red color. Oh, and the smell!!! It did take several hours to set up, so if you make this, do not become discouraged. It will be good on Eggos, biscuits, PBJ, and as an added bonus, making it in the microwave freed up room for my canning equipment!
I loved this! I'm going to make more for Valentines Day to give as gifts! Beautiful color, and absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! Thank you so much for posting!
I have been looking for this recipe!!! I bought some at a school bazaar years ago and it was soooo good on bagels with cream cheese. I have been searching for it, thank you!!!!!!