Angela Dawn's Note:
This is my favorite Meuniere sauce recipe. You saw many a different variation of this sauce paired with different fish and sometimes even steak down in New Orleans. It's a variation of the basic brown butter sauce, but done in a french/creole fashion. Very simple and delicious! You can leave out the pecans if they don't tickle your fancy, it's just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces red fish fillets
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- 1Combine corn flower, white flour, creole seasoning, and white pepper together in a bowl or dish.
- 2Heat olive oil and one tablespoon butter in large frying pan on Med heat.
- 3Dredge red fish (can sub trout) in seasoned flour mixture, making sure to tap extra flour off before placing in hot pan. Turn heat to Med-High and let cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, lightly shaking the pan by the handle over the heat for the first minute to avoid the fish from sticking (and again when you flip over).
- 4Once fish is done remove and place on a plate or serving dish.
- 5Immediately add butter, lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire and sprinkle of salt to hot pan. Let butter melt and the sauce start to bubble, will turn a very light brownish color. Remove pan from heat and pour the butter/meuniere sauce over fillets.
- 6Sprinkle fillets with toasted pecan pieces.
- 7Serve with rice and veggies. I like to garnish with thin lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Fish Meuniere Pecan
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red fish fillets