Angela Dawn's Note:
This is my favorite Meuniere sauce recipe. You saw many a different variation of this sauce paired with different fish and sometimes even steak down in New Orleans. It's a variation of the basic brown butter sauce, but done in a french/creole fashion. Very simple and delicious! You can leave out the pecans if they don't tickle your fancy, it's just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces red fish fillets
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- 1Combine corn flower, white flour, creole seasoning, and white pepper together in a bowl or dish.
- 2Heat olive oil and one tablespoon butter in large frying pan on Med heat.
- 3Dredge red fish (can sub trout) in seasoned flour mixture, making sure to tap extra flour off before placing in hot pan. Turn heat to Med-High and let cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, lightly shaking the pan by the handle over the heat for the first minute to avoid the fish from sticking (and again when you flip over).
- 4Once fish is done remove and place on a plate or serving dish.
- 5Immediately add butter, lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire and sprinkle of salt to hot pan. Let butter melt and the sauce start to bubble, will turn a very light brownish color. Remove pan from heat and pour the butter/meuniere sauce over fillets.
- 6Sprinkle fillets with toasted pecan pieces.
- 7Serve with rice and veggies. I like to garnish with thin lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Fish Meuniere Pecan
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red fish fillets