Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a curry with coconut milk for richness and lots of vegetables - works either as a side dish or as a meatless main course.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 -4 tablespoon red curry paste (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap peas or 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup bamboo shoot
- Combine 4 ounces coconut milk, curry paste, stock, fish sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and remaining coconut milk and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- If using snow peas, add just before serving.
- Serve with rice.
Wonderful! What a fantatsic dish! I used 3 tbsps of fish sauce and threw in my own mix of veggies. Thanks for the recipe! :)
This was good, but I found the amount of fish sauce to be a bit overwhelming. I had to add a lot of extra brown sugar to compensate for the strong taste from the fish stock. Thank you for sharing.
Outstanding!! Just as good as anything I've had in restaurants. I used 2 tablespoons of curry, which was a little too much for my family. We'll definitely be having this again!