- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, slices
- 1 teaspoon star anise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 scallions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and return to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Optional: after cooking, strain sauce into an airtight container and refrigerate. Allow the fat to remain on top until just before reusing the sauce. When ready to use again, remove the fat, throw it away and boil sauce gently (covered) for 15 minutes before adding the chicken.