This is a good do ahead vegetable dish for a buffet table or just a dinner for a crowd. It helps to do a dish the day before and just pop it in the oven the next day!! Leaving it overnight developes the flavours. The balsamic is a nice kick to the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter with oil in skillet or wok at medium heat.
- 2Add onion and sautee about 5 minutes.
- 3Increase heat to med-high, add cabbage& ginger.
- 4Cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Reduce to medium and add wine.
- 6Boil about 10 minutes or until wine has almost evaporated.
- 7Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 8Add sugar and seasonings and transfer to a large bowl.
- 9Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 10Heat cabbage in skillet or wok until heated through, stirring frequently.
- 11Mix in balsamic vinegar and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage with Ginger and Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 49.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g