Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this last night from my friend Margaret, who said she got it from one cooking show or another -- possibly Rachel Ray. It's extremely yummy, and just the thing for supper on a rainy autumn afternoon, with the fall colors just starting to appear ....
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (use a seedy, grainy type of mustard)
- 1 cup apple cider
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add cabbage, paprika and caraway seeds; saute for roughly 10 minutes, until cabbage is soft, but still has a bit of a crunch.
- Combine mustard and apple cider and add to cabbage. (Note: You might want to start with somewhat less than a full cup of apple cider, and add the remainder if it's needed.) Cook for another few minutes, until most of the cider has been reduced or absorbed by the cabbage.
- Serve immediately.