Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
With this recipe you do not have to bother with stirring and standing by the stove. Simply put everything in the oven and then just enjoy.
- 2 lbs red cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 2 apples
- 2 onions
- 2 ounces raisins
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lard
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/ 170°C/ gas 3.
- Skin off the apples, cut out the core. Cut the apples into pieces.
- Skin off the onions and cut them into thin slices.
- Mix well the first 7 ingredients (from cabbage to pepper).
- Grease a baking pan with the lard. Put the mixture in it. Pour over the apple juice.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until tender.
- Add salt or pepper if needed. Serve with mashed potatoes or potato dumplings.