Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I grabbed this from an 'Easy Home Cooking' booklet I found at my mother's place on my last visit. It sounded good and I am always happy to find a slaw recipe that doesn't include raw onion since I dislike raw onion so much. When I made this I used fat free mayo and splenda and it worked great. I really liked the colours in the dish. Cooking time includes chilling time.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious coleslaw even though I skipped the apricots (forgot to buy them) but otherwise followed the directions as written including using light mayo and spenda. Thanks for sharing this delicious coleslaw that was wonderful with fish.
- 473.18 ml savoy cabbage, shredded
- 78.07 ml carrot, shredded
- 78.07 ml dried apricot, cut into thin matchstick strips
- 78.07 ml apple, cut into thin matchstick strips
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 473.18 ml red cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine savoy cabbage, carrot, apricot and apple and mix well.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, mix in red cabbage.