1 hr 12 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a wonderful new stuffing on dressing for your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey. It also goes well as a side when you are having steak. You can use vegetble broth to make this a true vegatarian side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives or 1/2 cup other black olives
- 12 cups country-style white bread, trimmed and cube to 3/4 inch
- canned low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add next 5 ingredients. Sauté until onions are tender, about 6 minutes. Add raisins and olives; sauté 5 minutes. (Vegetable mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Combine vegetable mixture and bread cubes in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2To bake stuffing in turkey:.
- 3Loosely fill main cavity with stuffing. Add enough broth to remaining stuffing to moisten lightly (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup, depending on amount of remaining stuffing). Generously butter glass baking dish. Spoon remaining stuffing into prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down. Bake stuffing in dish alongside turkey until heated through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is slightly crisp and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4To bake all of stuffing in baking dish:.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F Generously butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add enough broth to stuffing to moisten (about 3/4 to 1 cup). Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover with butter foil, buttered side down; bake until heated through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is slightly crisp and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper, Raisin and Olive Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 406.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g