1 hr 5 mins
This is a flavorful, spicy recipe. Not sure how authentic it is, but it's delicious! I created this scaled down recipe because I live alone, and it's nice to not have to make 10 servings. I like it with less liquid like this, just enough to create a sort of spicy "gravy". You can use more depending on what consistency you like. Try serving it with a cool cucumber/onion salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried red beans, unsoaked
- 3 1/2 cups ham stock (use Ham Stock (Pressure Cooker))
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage, split in half lengthwise
- green onions or flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- 1Warm the oil and fat in the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, pepper, and celery with a big pinch of salt, and sauté for 5 minutes, until the veggies are soft.
- 3Add the garlic, sauté for 2 minutes. Don't let it burn!
- 4Mix the spices together.
- 5Add the spices to the pressure cooker, and stir everything around.
- 6Add the ham stock, beans and bay leaves, and bring to a boil.
- 7Lock on the lid, and bring to pressure over high heat.
- 8Turn the heat down to medium, and cook at pressure for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat and let the pressure drop.
- 10Meanwhile, brown the andouille on all sides in a skillet, and cut into chunks.
- 11Once the pressure has dropped, add the sausage, lock the lid back on, and bring back to pressure.
- 12Cook at pressure for 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from the heat, let the pressure drop.
- 14Serve over white rice, garnished with the green onions or parsley, and hot sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beans & Rice (Pressure Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 996.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: