- 1 cup adzuki beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 strip tangerine peel, dried
- 1⁄4 cup canned lotus seeds
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the azuki beans in water for several hours to soften them (it's easiest to soak them
- overnight). Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 5 cups of water with the tangerine peel to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, add the adzuki beans and lotus seeds and simmer, partially covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the beans are softened to the point where they are just beginning to break apart.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Taste and add more sugar if desired. Serve hot or cold.