Red and Green Winter Stoup
- In a medium soup pot, heat the EVOO , 4 turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes, onions, rosemary and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the kale in batches and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes.
- Using a food processor or a mini chopper, puree the roasted peppers.
- Stir the pureed peppers into the soup pot, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler; toast the bread, rub with the garlic halves and top with the cheese.
- Melt the cheese under the broiler for 1 minute. Serve the stoup with the toasts.