Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fabulous and easy no-bake recipe from "The Complete Christmas Cookbook", by Canadian Living. These must sit (and then be chilled) before serving. To make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate or freeze for up to 1 month.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line trays with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together icing sugar, almonds and bittersweet chocolate. Add 1/4 cup (50ml) of the rum and vanilla, stirring until moist; press together. Chill until firm enough to roll, about 15 minutes.
- Roll by rounded 1tsp (95ml) into balls, moistening and wiping hands with damp cloth as needed. Place on prepared trays.
- Pour remaining rum into shallow bowl. Pour chocolate sprinkles into separate shallow bowl. Roll balls in rum then in chocolate, pressing lightly so chocolate sticks. Let dry on tray, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until firm.
Fabulous and Easy. If you are a lazy Christmas baker, then this is the recipe for you. Keep them away from the kids!