Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a lover of coconut like myself, then I know you will really love these! ... and they are so easy to make with just 5 ingredients! Make certain the the coconut is soft and fresh, and not hard and dry. If you find that the coconut is shredded too large, just pulse in the food processor for just a few seconds.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
Excellent! Easy and delicious! I put them in little Christmas candy paper tins and they look lovely! I sprinkled some large sugar crystals on them before they dried and they look lovely! The only thing I did different was I chilled them before dipping in chocolate and they were nice and firm for me! One more thing, I added 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar as the coconut mixture was not sticking together...Thank you for this great recipe. I will definitely make them again! For sure! Jelly
- 2 cups soft flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, butter and milk (you may need to add in a little more half and half cream or milk if necessary so the mixture holds together, depending on the moisture content).
- Form into 1-inch balls and place onto wax paper.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips and the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave on MEDIUM power, stirring every minute, until melted; cool slightly.
- Dip coconut balls in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate to harden chocolate.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.