Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the Company's Coming Soup and Sandwich Cookbook by Jean Pare. It's so quick and easy to make after a long day at work.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook broccoli in water until tender.
- Do not drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Run through blender until you have desired consistency. ( you can set aside a few flowerettes for garnish).
- Stir in cheese if using.
- For Vegetarian do not use Cream of Chicken.
What an easy and tasty recipe. Had a bunch of broccoli waiting in the crisper. Do or die time. Made a wonderful lunch with crisp breadsticks.
I had fresh broccoli to use up, so I combined the water and butter and cooked the broccoli in it, then combined with the other ingredients. I used a can of cream of broccoli soup, and was out of milk so used fat free half & half. Also used Crystal Farms fat free cheddar. Delicious!!
Made this for lunch yesterday and definately a recipe to go into my Favorites of 2010. The ease and taste yummmmm. I used cream of mushroom soup (might try broccoli next time) and added some garlic powder and as a previous reviewer did I used fresh broccoli (cooked till almost tender) and mashed some of the broccoli with a potato masher but left some chunks of broccoli because we like to have some in the soup. Thank you for a good recipe. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game. P.S. Didn't realize I made and reviewed this already and picked it for Let's Party December 2010 tag game. I made it last night and this time I minced some onion and added to the broccoli while it simmered. Definately a winner!