Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the Company's Coming Soup and Sandwich Cookbook by Jean Pare. It's so quick and easy to make after a long day at work.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook broccoli in water until tender.
- Do not drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Run through blender until you have desired consistency. ( you can set aside a few flowerettes for garnish).
- Stir in cheese if using.
- For Vegetarian do not use Cream of Chicken.
Made this for lunch yesterday and definately a recipe to go into my Favorites of 2010. The ease and taste yummmmm. I used cream of mushroom soup (might try broccoli next time) and added some garlic powder and as a previous reviewer did I used fresh broccoli (cooked till almost tender) and mashed some of the broccoli with a potato masher but left some chunks of broccoli because we like to have some in the soup. Thank you for a good recipe. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game. P.S. Didn't realize I made and reviewed this already and picked it for Let's Party December 2010 tag game. I made it last night and this time I minced some onion and added to the broccoli while it simmered. Definately a winner!
Yummy, Yummy. I was looking for a quick recipie to use up my broccoli. I always seem to have good intentions about using the whole head but rarely...ok...never do. So haveing this recipe in my box is great because it means less composted broccoli in our house, and I intend to freeze it into tupperware to take to work.
I used the cream of chicken, and instead of cheddar I used some gouda that was also not going to all get eaten this week either:0) MUCHO PERFECTO!
Yea! thanks for sharing.
Great recipie. I added sauteed onion and garlic plus substituted a jar of store-purchased alfredo sauce for the soup. It was great. I replaced 1/2cup of milk with 1/2cup of half-half cream too.