1/4 Photos of Really Easy BBQ Beef Sandwich's
It's family night and everyone is hungry, now! It's a good thing that you have that round steak in the fridge because you know just what to do, make BBQ beef sandwich's. Tangy, sweet, and ready in under 30 mins because you get the beef ready while the sauce is simmering. This is just the right thing when you want something quick and easy. Just pull out the potato salad you made yesterday and the pickled asparagus. In your families eyes you just became Wonder Woman and you don't even need to wear that skimpy little costume.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced into thin rings (or 2 smaller onions)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup Pepsi
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (add more if needed)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 lb round steak, very thinly sliced (across the grain, not with it)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 buns
- 1Slice the onion and slowly brown in 2 Tbsp of butter until onions are soft and carmelization begins, should be ready a little before the beef is done, sprinkle lightly with salt when done.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, cola, and worcestershire and syrup.
- 3In a sauce pan, bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes,.
- 4stirring occasionally.
- 5While the sauce is cooking, slice the round steak and chop the pepper.
- 6In a 12 inch skillet on med-high setting heat the oil and add the chopped green pepper and cook for 2 mins (or until soft).and then add the sliced beef and garlic powder.
- 7Quickly cook the meat just until no longer red and no blood is showing, you may need to do this in batches. If the sauce is ready add the meat and peppers to it right away. If not just set the skillet aside for the few mins until the sauce has cooked for the 20 minutes.
- 8After the 20 mins add beef mix and gently simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- 9Serve on toasted buns with onions topping the beef mix.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Easy BBQ Beef Sandwich's
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 759.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 20.9 g