Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just like the heading says......simple and easy and very yummy!
- 1 (9 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (5 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk or 4 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted coconut (for top of pie)
- 2 baked pie crusts
- In a mixing bowl, mix first 4 ingredients.
- Pour into the two prepared baked pie crusts.
- Top with toasted coconut.
- Chill in fridge for 3 or more hours before serving.
This recipe was made on June 10th, for the Pie and Tart Event in the Cooking Photo forum. Since I didn't need two pies, the recipe was cut in half. And this is how it was made, a 5 1/2 box of pudding was used ( the large size ) with 2 cups of milk. Then the milk and pudding was mixed together and 1 cup of coconut was added. Then I folded in the full amount of the whipped topping the recipe called for. And just as a personal choice a graham cracker crust was used.Then sprinkled with 3/4 cup of toasted coconut, and chilled for about 4 hours. Then enjoyed a piece of this very good pie. Thanks for posting, and " Keep Smiling :) "
Wonderful recipe!!!! I wanted a quick wonderful dessert and combined this recipe with your Bakery Coconut Cream Pie #77978. Instead of milk, I used coconut milk and cream and added a couple teaspoons of coconut extract. It was so easy to make, but had that great homemade taste! Thank you!! You are the best chef!!!
Oh yes. What a simple and delicious dessert. I used real whipped cream instead of cool whip. Have decided the calories are worth it and have found all my desserts are much the better for it. Also used the filling on sugared, baked wonton skins...wow...that was really, really great. Thanks so much Kitten. Another great one as usual.