1 hr 30 mins
From the Weekend magazine, this is an Iftar special. I hope you enjoy it! For the vegetarians, you can use water or vegetable stock as a substitute for the chicken stock. As for the stuffed zucchini, you could use a mixture of minced veggies for the minced lamb meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g rice, washed and soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained
- 100 g vermicelli
- 75 g ghee
- 1 liter water or 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
For stuffed zucchini
- 1Heat ghee in a pan.
- 2Add vermicelli and cook until golden brown.
- 3Mix in the rice, bay leaf, salt and boiling water or chicken stock.
- 4Allow to boil on high flame until water is on the same level as the rice.
- 5Lower flame and cook on simmer until all the water or stock has been absorbed by the rice and it's cooked.
- 6To prepare the stuffed zucchini, scoop out the flesh of the zucchini and stuff it with the above prepared rice mixture.
- 7Parboil it with water and 2 cubes of Maggi chicken stock with onions.
- 8Add the zucchini to the yogurt.
- 9Cook with garlic and dry mint until the mixture thickens.
- 10Serve hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for REALLY DELICIOUS Vermicelli rice with stuffed zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1120.0
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: