Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Weekend magazine, this is an Iftar special. I hope you enjoy it! For the vegetarians, you can use water or vegetable stock as a substitute for the chicken stock. As for the stuffed zucchini, you could use a mixture of minced veggies for the minced lamb meat.
- 300 g rice, washed and soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained
- 100 g vermicelli
- 75 g ghee
- 1 liter water or 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
For stuffed zucchini
- 200 g zucchini
- 50 g egyptian rice
- 100 g minced lamb
- 20 g onions
- 3 g dried mint
- 3 g Arabic spices
- 5 g ghee
- 1 liter yogurt
- 5 g garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add vermicelli and cook until golden brown.
- Mix in the rice, bay leaf, salt and boiling water or chicken stock.
- Allow to boil on high flame until water is on the same level as the rice.
- Lower flame and cook on simmer until all the water or stock has been absorbed by the rice and it's cooked.
- To prepare the stuffed zucchini, scoop out the flesh of the zucchini and stuff it with the above prepared rice mixture.
- Parboil it with water and 2 cubes of Maggi chicken stock with onions.
- Add the zucchini to the yogurt.
- Cook with garlic and dry mint until the mixture thickens.
- Serve hot!