Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Real Simple Magazine December 2004-January 2005
Make and share this Real Simple Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, trimmed of all fat and sliced into very thin strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) packageextra-wide egg noodles, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin, browning it (in batches if necessary). Remove and set aside.
- Place the caraway seeds (if using) and onion in the Dutch oven. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, another 8 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, and salt until well blended. Add the sirloin and broth, stirring to combine.
- Simmer until the meat is very tender and about half the liquid remains, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and sour cream. Serve over the egg noodles.
If me going back for thirds is any indication, this recipe is excellent! My 91 year old mom, who has shrunk down to 86.5 lbs, actually had seconds! That is a huge feat, as I have been working every day to help her gain weight. I think I may be cooking this recipe a lot. I used about half the amount of meat and noodles, but kept the other indredients the same. It made for a great sauce to mix in with the noodles. Thank you! Made for the International Agents of QUEST for Culinary Quest's Russian region.
We loved this quick and tasty beef stroganoff. The meat was tender and the sauce was flavorful. We really liked the subtle flavor of the caraway seed. Thank you for sharing.
This was tasty. The meat was very tender. I would have preferred a more creamy sauce, but the flavor was very good. Made for PAC 2011 fall