Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so simple and fast! I saw it on the Real Simple TV show. It is easy, of course, simple and it tastes great. Just get fresh salsa from the grocery store and open some cans. Depending on how much or how little broth you add determines whether you use as a hot bean dip or a soup.
- 1 cup fresh salsa (drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in medium sized sauce pan.
- When oil is warm, add drained fresh salsa to pan and saute for a few minutes to lose the "raw/fresh" element.
- Add cans of black beans, refried beans and broth.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook on low/medium heat for approximately 7-10 minutes, till hot. You may want to stir occasionally.
- For Soup - Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro, if desired. For Dip - Serve with chips.