Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
I share this recipe as a delicious way to serve up raw broccoli. I have used sunflower seeds and raw almonds. But you could use any nuts you like. For the dressing I have listed the quantities that I like. But you might like it with a bit more of a kick, and want to add in a bit more vinegar, lemon juice and sweetener. But this blend struck a nice tangy balance for me. If you are allergic to nuts, you could use soy bacon bits to jazz up this salad instead of blanched almonds. This adds in a splash of colour. But I love the lush green colour that stands alone. If it is just an allergy to almonds, cashews work really well too. Traditional mayonnaise or soy mayonnaise can be substituted for the cashew mayonnaise that I have used. Obviously, it would yield a dressing of a slightly different personality. Just play around with the vinegar quantities and it will still taste delicious. The secret to the success of this salad is chopping the broccoli into really small bite size pieces.
- 6 cups organic broccoli
- 2 cups scallions or 2 cups spring onions
- 2 cups celery
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds (soaked and dehydrated)
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (soaked and dehydrated)
- 1 cup organic blanched almond (chopped up into slithers)
- 1 cup raw vegan mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Chop up the broccoli, celery, and spring onions into small bite size pieces.
- Pulse the almonds in the food processor or cut into slithers.
- Throw the dressing ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Toss through half of the dressing and then add gradually until dressed for your success! YUM!