Recipe by saptekars
This rich, dairy free, no bake cheesecake is flavored with agave nectar, a raw sweetener derived from the agave plant. Agave nectar is sweeter than honey with a milder, more floral taste—ideal for desserts or drinks.
Top Review by Neomia
Giving this 5 stars based on the texture and how well it held together. But I used raw honey instead of agave, so I can't officially rate the taste it would have had. The flavors of coconut and honey were great together. But I don't think it was anything like an actual cheesecake, at least flavorwise. But it was delicious!
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews
- 1⁄2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1⁄4 cup dried coconut
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (gently warmed)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup raw agave nectar
- 1⁄2 sun-dried vanilla bean
- 3 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place macadamia nuts in large bowl, and cover with cold water. Place cashews in separate bowl, and cover with cold water. Soak nuts 4 hours, then rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency. Sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make crust.
- Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, agave nectar, and 6 Tbs. water in bowl of food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into food processor bowl, and purée until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze 1 to 2 hours, or until firm. Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and transfer to serving platter. Defrost in fridge 1 hour, or on countertop 30 minutes; top with berries; and serve.