Recipe by Lalaloula
The idea for this recipe comes from this lovely blog: http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2012/03/raw-brownie-bites/ However Ive modified them quite a bit to make them suite my taste even better and to have them ready quicker. I hope youll enjoy them, too!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
- 1⁄8 cup flax seed
- 1⁄8 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 dates, soaked in water for 6 hours
- 8 teaspoons date water (from the soaked dates)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of your food processor combine almonds, cashew nuts, flax seeds and coconut and process until almost flour like in consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients, starting with only 6 ts of the water and process until a smooth dough has formed, adding more water as seems necessary. Depending on your dates, nuts, etc. you might have to add a bit more water than the 8 ts I needed.
- Roll dough into small snack-size balls and enjoy! :).
- Keep refrigerated if not using immediately.
- You could also coat them with cocoa powder or whatever else you like.